Certain items will always have an air of success about them. If you own one of these items, it is a benchmark of the societal and economic status which you have achieved.
A Rolex watch is certainly on the executive level must-have list, but of equal importance, is the fact that a reputation for high-end, quality craftsmanship does proceed it. The watch’s reputation is something to be aware of, especially if you plan to sell it.
Why sell the genuine article that is a Rolex? Well, the popularity and value of high end watches is definitely a motivating factor, however, don’t get so carried away by your motivations that you get swindled in the process.
Be Motivated, but also Educated
Before embarking on the sales process ask yourself this question: what made you purchase your Rolex in the first place?
Chances are the same things that motivated you to buy this watch are motivating other interested buyers as well. Moving forward with this in mind will help you keep your priorities straight all the way through to the final bill of sale. In addition to focusing on a potential buyer’s area of interest, there are 5 things you should know about the sales appeal of Rolex watches:
1. Do your research before you sell. Sounds like common sense, doesn’t it? You would be surprised how many sellers skim over or completely skip this step. If you do not get the watch appraised by multiple experts, you are opening yourself up to being low-balled on the resale value. Know what your watch is truly worth beforeyou sell it.
2. Pay particularly close attention to the age of the watch. Buyers in the market for a Rolex have a keen eye for spotting the signs of aging. They are looking to spend less than they would on an in-store purchase, but only a certain amount of wear is acceptable. One of the most noticeable signs of aging is the condition of the watch band. Loose or worn out bands will decrease the purchase price. The price of gold has a different significance for buyers too. Generally, 18K yellow or white gold will fetch a higher price than 14K stainless steel and platinum.
3. Whenever possible, keep it original. Over time, certain components on a Rolex can break or wear out, particularly the dial and band. While refurbishing them may hold a certain amount of personal appeal, buyers will pay more for a watch with original components.
4. Always provide proof of authenticity. It turns out, there are some things greater than the price of gold. When it comes to a Rolex, its true value is tied to your ability to authenticate it. Serious buyers and reputable dealers won’t risk purchasing a knock-off. Provide the original box and paperwork along with the watch.
5. When in doubt, find a reputable middle man. There are a lot of auction sites and online high end watch dealers out there these days. Truthfully, what looks like your best option may not be. If you are ever in doubt about the online sales agreements, listen to your intuition, and find a reputable local seller. Make sure they have a set valuation process for high-end items, like a Rolex.
Parting is such sweet sorrow, even if you do get a good price for your watch. Pieces like this carry a high degree of sentimental value. Follow these tips so you can get the most cash for your high end watch! If you’re looking for a trusted buyer of Rolex watches, get in touch with Pinto Cash For Gold and Jewellery Buyers. Contact us online, or stop by our Midtown Toronto location at 2570 Yonge Street today!